Monday 18 November 2013

Ironman Mont Tremblant 2014



Welcome to my page.  I figured this would be kind of a fun thing to do as i take that journey towards my 2nd Ironman attempt in Mont Tremlbant in 2014.  I'll do weekly updates on sundays recapping my week and anything I might have learned throughout the week.  

Why Ironman? 
Ironman Lake Placid was an amazing day for me and my family.  It was the day that I proposed to my girlfriend, and it was a great time away with the entire family.    The race however, I feel that I made a lot of rookie mistakes - went out too fast, nutrition problems, that I've always had the 'what ifs'.   Now that i'll be 3 years removed from IMLP I think i've forgotten the pain of training/racing Ironman so time to refine what i learned last time around and give it a shot!

Why Tremblant?
This venue is incredible.   The organizers and province really know how to embrace this sport.  I've never been to Tremblant for the full Ironman, however with tackling the course in 2012, and 2013 I think that I know what i'm in for with this course.   Also, I'm returning for the 70.3 again in 2013, Tremblant is driving distance for me, accommodations are reasonably priced.   

Why 2014?
Well I'm not getting any younger!  and if I want to tackle this distance now is the time to tackle it.   Shawna and I have been married for year, and we'd like to start thinking of a family.  If we were to start a family, the next time I would even think of Ironman would be 10years from now, and I don't want to be left with all the "what ifs?".   So the time is now... 2014 M35-39 represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment